The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency and Williamson County Emergency Management will be conducting a Communications Technician (COMT) class November 13-16, 2018 in Franklin, Tennessee.
Classes will start at 9:00 AM the first day and 8:00 AM the other 3 days. Classes will end about 5:00 PM. The class size will be no more than 16 students with a break for lunch (not provided) each day. Please fill out the information below to sign-up for this class.
A written application for official registration and additional class information will be emailed to those signing up. The class will be at:
Williamson County Public Safety Center
304 Beasley Drive
Franklin, TN 37064
A. A public safety communications background or duties with exposure to field operations and communications; this experience will be validated by the authority who supervises the applicant in the course application that will be emailed after this initial sign-up.
B. Fundamental public safety communications technology, supervisory, and personnel management skills. These include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of local and regional communication systems
- Frequencies and spectrum
- Knowledge of Incident Command System
- Knowledge of Gateways
- Knowledge of Analog and Digital Radio Communications Systems
- Knowledge of Networking and Telephone Systems and wiring
- Knowledge of local topography
- Knowledge of system site locations including knowledge of local, regional, and state communications plans, and
- Knowledge of local and regional Tactical Interoperable Communications Plans, if available
The applicant is REQUIRED to have completed the following before class:
IS 100, IS 200, IS-700, IS-800, and ICS-300 (16 Hour Class Room) (Not Required But Recommended)
Each student should bring a laptop and a USB thumb drive. The course material will be copied to the thumb drive.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional information.
Mike Harris, TN – CEMP
Communications Manager | Deputy Statewide Interoperability Coordinator
Tennessee Emergency Management Agency
615-815-7697 Cell | 615-253-4789 Office
COMPLETE THIS FORM TO REGISTER FOR THE COURSE (Copy & Paste URL):