The members of WCARES, along with any other Amateur Radio operators, have access to a series of five linked repeaters located at various sites around Williamson County. The hub repeater for this network is the 444.025 MHz repeater which is located in Franklin. The repeater system is supported and maintained by the Williamson County Department of Public Safety.
WCARES Frequencies – Linked Repeaters and Simplex
* For DMR
- Use Color Code 1 for all Talk Groups on the WC DMR repeaters.
- Primary Talk Group for Williamson County – 31476 — On Slot 2
- Secondary Talk Group — Williamson County Chat – 810094 – On Slot 1
- All other DMR Talk Groups use Slot 1
For up to date listings please check our calendar.
WCARES Emergency Weather Net
In the event of severe weather, the WCARES Weather Net will be activated. This directed net is open to all Amateurs. All stations are asked to restrict reports to the NWS reporting criteria given by the net control operator during activation.
WCARES Weekly Radio Net – voice check-in
The WCARES net is held each Monday at 1900 (7 pm) CT on the five repeater linked system. This is a directed net; all communications go through the Net Control operator.
- Open to all licensed amateurs
- No early check-ins: if you need can’t check-in during the net, consider using Winlink via RF – see below.
- Key your microphone then pause briefly to allow the repeater system to activate before you start speaking, otherwise the first part of your transmission may be cut off.
- Periodically check that your audio and power levels are good by asking for signal reports during non-net hours.
On the third net of each month, an alternate frequency net will be held immediately afterwards.
WCARES Weekly Radio Net – Winlink check-in
On net Mondays, you can check in to the net via Winlink:
- send a Winlink message to WC4EOC@winlink.org
- over RF mode only(*)
- between 0600 to 1800 Central Time (6 AM to 6 PM) on the Monday of the net and
- include the following in the subject or body (or both) of the message:
- the RF mode you’re using (Packet, ARDOP, VARA, VARA FM, Winmor, Pactor etc.)
- the full date of the net you are checking in to
- your power source (commercial, battery, generator, solar etc.)
- use either a regular message or the ICS-213 form
- List of regional VHF/UHF Winlink frequencies
- You may also include the Winlink node you used in the body of the message if you like.
- * For the regular Monday night nets you may only use Telnet Winlink to check in if you are outside the repeater coverage area and are temporarily unable to check-in over HF; please include your location when checking in this way
- No early check-ins here either but any time between 0600 and 1800 Central Time (6 AM to 6 PM) on the Monday of the net
The MTEARS ( https://mtears.org ) net follows the WCARES net at 2000 (8PM) CT each Monday. The net is called in three Tennessee divisions – East, Middle and West – with each division called in alphabetic county groups; out-of-state stations are called by state. During check-in, all operators are asked to give the two-digit ID number of the repeater they are using, from the list on the MTEARS website.
Tennessee Phone Nets (3.980 MHz)
Early Morning: Monday through Friday, 0540 to 0600 CT on 3.980 MHz
Morning (weekdays): Monday through Friday, starting 0645 CT on 3.980 MHz
Morning (holidays/weekends): Saturday, Sunday, & major holidays, starting 0800 CT on 3.980 MHz
Evening: Monday through Saturday, starting at 1830 CT on 3.980 MHz
CW Nets (HF)
Tennessee CW Net: Monday through Sunday, starting 1900 CT on 3.635 MHz
Tennessee Slow Speed CW Training Net: Monday through Sunday, starting 1930 CT on 3.682 MHz
Florida Winlink Net
To check in to the weekly Florida Winlink Net, send a Winlink message to W4AKH using the subject-line format shown below. Note: this net uses automatic message processing software so follow the subject-line format precisely, paying close attention to commas and spelling and use of the 2-letter state abbreviation:
SUBJECT: FL WL NET, First Name, City, 2-letter State, Any Mode*
* Mode is one of: P2P Vara FM Packet Ardop Radio only Mesh Telnet etc.
followed by an optional comma and RMS station or Path
Reporting period closes Tuesdays 9AM. Feel free to check in any day, any time, any way we will include you.
FORMAT is Important * NOTE USE 2 CHARACTER STATE e.g. ,FL, P2P WITHIN COMMAS