PSC Classroom Event, Saturday 24th of March, from 8 am till noon.
Dave, KI4PSR, will facilitate a “Go Box, Drop Kit radio equipment configuration session” at a classroom in the Public Safety Center.
If you are interested in attending, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
The principal focus is on putting together a portable radio kit for UHF/VHF voice and Winlink.
Participants will design and start creating basic, simple portable radio systems including UHF/VHF radios, TNC, computer interface cabling, power supply and/or battery.
- New hams to learn what a go box kit means and includes from a radio perspective.
- Hams with an assembled kit to test and verify (hams uncertain if it works).
- Hams needing suggestions and parts lists/venders of required equipment, programming.
- Hams needing simple connections and adaptors made (Coax, power poles, DIN cables wiring).
- Information document with drawings and parts list to send out before the event so participants can order what they might need.
- Email support to answer questions and supply information prior to the event.
- Building assistance at the event, testing, programming, training.
- For this initial event, the number of participants will be limited to no more than 20.
Participants need to be as prepared as they can be considering their experience…this must be a do it yourself event requiring participants active involvement to the extent of their ability
- Volunteers with experience, equipment, and tools. Experienced builders to bring parts like speakers TNCs and cables for donation or sale.