You can check in to the regular Monday WCARES Winlink nets by sending a Winlink message to WC4EOC@winlink.org, between Saturday 06:00 and Monday 18:00 Central (Saturday 6 AM to Monday 6 PM).
The check-in window has been extended through the weekend before the Monday to encourage operators to check in over HF.
For the second net of each month please consider checking in using the ICS-213 form. Please consider trying different modes and bands each week and try to check in periodically using an alternate power source.
To check in to the WCARES Winlink Net:
- Send a Winlink message to WC4EOC@winlink.org
- between Saturday 0600 to Monday 1800 Central Time (Saturday 6 AM to Monday 6 PM) and
- include the following in the subject or body (or both) of the message:
- the mode you’re using (Packet, ARDOP, VARA, VARA FM, Winmor, Pactor etc.)
- the full date of the net you are checking in to
- your power source (commercial, battery, generator, solar etc.)